Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To St. Pete and back

Last Wednesday I began my trip across the country to St. Petersburg, Florida for the aphotoaday.org geekfest photography conference. On the way I stopped in Baton Rouge to see mom, dropped off my prints to Coup d'Oeil Art Consortium in New Orleans, photographed for my project in Bay St. Louis Mississippi and visited Brian Diggs in Tallahassee. The conference was laid back and stocked with outstanding speakers. Nights went late with lots of photo chat and drinking, even games of shuffleboard. Thanks to Melissa Lyttle and her crew for making it happen!

Just made it back to Austin today for a corporate event I'm shooting this evening. Below are a few snaps.


Clouds in Florida.


This is what I did while trying to stay awake on the drive back to Bay St. Louis from St. Pete. Shooting photos in the fog at 80mph.



A closed store in Bay St. Louis. Part of a series I'm shooting about buildings and left behind structures across Hancock County. Shooting the landscape has become an intriguing part of this project outside of documenting the people I was with during Katrina.

More from the Katrina series to come...