Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back in Austin

It was a lot of driving, but well worth it. I had an outstanding time in Mississippi reconnecting with some of the folks I was with during Hurricane Katrina four years ago. I actually copied the list of people who were at the same emergency center as me from Brice Philips, radio guru, and have started calling to photograph those people this year. Finding all of them will be a challenge, but I shot portraits of six of them near a place of significance to them or the storm over the weekend. I also shot 2 interviews recapping the storm, the last four years of reconstruction and the meaning of the anniversary. It was outstanding to re-meet these people with whom i have a bond and I'm thankful they were so welcoming to my presence, I can't wait to go back!

This week I've been editing, firming up a few different shoots with corporate clients and shooting an assignment for the Times on Friday.

I'm also having the website updated soon with an ongoing portrait project about Texans and the installation I hang each year for UTMB Internal Medicine at Brackenridge hospital. Stay tuned.

No comments: