Monday, September 7, 2009

New-ish shoes...


There's nothing super-photographically sound about this post, but I'm excited about a personally project I completed recently. I've been thinking about recovering my vans slip ons for some time now... finally I did after the original blue cover came completely off and massive holes opened in the toes. The right shoe (left) is left over acid wash denim I found in my friend Ian's free box and the left shoe (right) is a folded piece of a soft bandana I got at Wheatsville food co-op years ago. I used an upholstery needle, inspired by Noah, and hemp yarn to stich through the rubber sole and the materials. The soles have years left on them and I'm happy I was able to reuse the shoe.

My fingers got sore pushing through the thick rubber, but the project only took a few hours spread over 2 days. Small project, great satisfaction!

No comments: