Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The United Soviet State of College Station


I spent this past Saturday in College Station shooting a street style fashion piece for Stylelist.com a website owned by AOL.com. The idea was to find people who dress interesting to tailgate for a Big12 rivalry football game and the day was equally as tame as it sounds until we found this group of tailgaiters.

Thanks to my John for holding reflectors for me that made it possible to make some great photos of our not so model prepped models. It was a great time in the end and the editors were really happy with the photos. I'll post a link when it comes up.

I got an exciting email on Saturday from Ken at Coup d'Oeil Art Consortium in New Orleans and one of my prints from the Zulu project sold during the Art for Art Sake night on October 3. I think I'm most impressed by the idea that some one is hanging something I created in their home.

On Friday I was in San Antonio to shoot a writers guild conference that helps veterans find a voice. The article ran today. It was held in the San Antonio public library downtown after hours as the sun was sunsetting after a mostly rainy day, making it a beautiful time to shoot. I had a great time running from group to group and shooting the empty architecturally sound building in the mean time. Here's some photos that weren't published:



No comments: