Monday, August 24, 2009

Boggy Creek Farm outtakes




Here are some photos that you may have seen if you picked up this last WSJ Weekend Edition, or that didn't make it into the slideshow (link at right) about Boggy Creek Farm. It was a really fun assignment and Larry, Carol Ann, their staff and customers were great to work with. Thanks!

If you have time I would recommend checking out their operation in East Austin Wednesday and Saturday mornings. After 2 days of shooting and a variety of photos the editors in New York were happy. Especially, the lighting on the portraits and interiors of the house, which was built in the 1830s.

Larry tells a story about how he used a fallen pecan tree to make cutting boards, fireplace mantels, and furniture. This inspired me to build a box for my vinyl records out of birch. Although I didn't mill the wood myself, it was a rewarding project.

No comments: