Friday, September 18, 2009

Hospital Installation

Recently, I wrapped up hanging an installation for the University of Texas Medical Branch Internal Medicine residency program at Brackenridge Hospital.

I've done this project for about three years now and had a great time meeting the doctors entering their profession each time. It's consistently a challenge to photograph them while they work and capture natural expressions of concentration, curiousity, confusion, exhaustion or what have you. The theme of the work is 'face of the new doctor.'

This installation idea came from collaborating with Dr. Beth Miller and would not be possible without her support. Thanks so much!

Next week I'm starting a new installation commissioned by the Family Medicine department of UTMB...

1 comment:

Mark Mulligan said...

Wow! Very cool. I hope I get to see that!